Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lady GaGa analysis

I don't really listen to pop music at all anymore. When I was teaching, I listened to it a little more, and found the song Poker Face to be quite catchy. A study of GaGa's recent Rolling Stone interview was interesting, to say the least. Those that say we can change the channel or radio station must also know we can't always be with our kids, students, and youth. I need to know what and who they're listening to. I believe in studying media and think it's very important, especially living in today's culture. Not to be puritanical and say it's all bad and should be avoided, that's incredibly naive and unrealistic. But simply to know. And whether I'm ever in full-time ministry again or not, I'm always going to think that's absolutely essential to what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment