Sunday, June 26, 2011

a package deal

I don't know which is harder for people, going through bad fundamentalist phases as a Christian kid or finding out there are parts of the Bible you don't like as an adult. I know the cold alienation I got as a high school kid that told his friends they were living a wrong lifestyle. I didn't get invited to many parties where I would get the opportunity to turn down drinking, drugs, and premarital sex. But it must also be hard to have lived a life where most things were acceptable to find out since connecting with Jesus that some of your current lifestyle has always been holding you back. Or finding that you can't be as open minded as you thought you needed to be to be the coveted "politically correct" person you so value. Jesus never said being a Christian would be hard. He said it would be impossible. We do it with God and other Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment